Queen Celine - Special Event
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Hillarys, WA
- Product code: P9MFJY
A day of intertidal action! Immerse your students in a stunning picture book, learn all about starfish from our marine biologist, explore AQWA's stunning exhibits AND see our touch pool animals get fed.
Your special excursion package includes:
- 1 hour interactive workshop based upon the children's book Queen Celine - presented by The Literature Centre. Step inside a picture book and learn how stories are brought to life.
- Special touch pool talk: Discover what makes rock pools so amazing; Learn all about starfish, sea cucumbers and bamboo sharks from AQWA's Marine Biologist; Watch our touch pool animals being fed.
- Entry to AQWA.
- A reserved area within AQWA's function centre as your 'hub' for the day (air-conditioned space away from the general public for bag storage, recess and lunch)
- Free tea/coffee for teachers
This special event is only available on 29 March 2021 and places are limited.
Pre-Primary - Year 2 students.
This is a multi-school event. (Different schools can book in however your touch pool talk and workshop will be exclusive to your group).
The session time you select refers to your Queen Celine workshop only. Each session can accommodate up to 2 classes. Groups can explore AQWA before/after their workshop.
We recommend at least 3 hours for this excursion experience (1 hour to explore AQWA, 1 hour for Queen Celine, 20 minutes for your touch pool talk and 40 minutes for recess, lunch, and general logistics).
An example timetable is as follows:
10am - Arrival, greeting, recess in function centre
10.30am - Queen Celine interactive workshop
11.30am - Explore AQWA exhibits
12.15pm - Lunch
12.40pm - Special Group Touch Pool talk and feed
1pm - Explore AQWA exhibits, play on Marina Bay wooden boat, toilet stops
1.30pm Depart after an AMAZING day.
Please contact our Education Manager (email@example.com) if you would like an example timetable for a different workshop time.