Meet an Author - Excursion Package
- Duration: 5 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Hillarys, WA
- Product code: P11YSJ
This exclusive full-day experience is a literary adventure that your students will love!
- Learn all about creating and illustrating books from amazing local author Kylie Howarth;
- Explore AQWA to meet our very curious creatures,
- Follow our adventure trail to discover what makes sea creatures such interesting characters;
- Send imaginations wild as students create their own wind up creature in a fun filled session of crafty creation and discovery,
- Enjoy our chill out area where you can colour and create your own book
This special package is available "on demand" - Please select your preferred date, we will then confirm availability of all elements of the package before sending a confirmation email. If your preferred date is not possible our Education Manager will contact you to arrange a suitable alternative.
The excursion package is suitable for Pre-Primary - Year 2 students.
Your special excursion package includes:
- Full day experience from 9.30am - 2pm
- Exclusive use of AQWA's Function centre as your "hub" for the day
- Entry to all of AQWA's exhibits
- AQWA Ocean Guide / Education Manager with you all day to facilitate the excursion, run activities and answer questions from your class/es
- Free tea/coffee for teachers
- All activities described above.
- A free kids return pass to AQWA for each student
**** Students need to bring a clipboard and pencil.***
Plus - Collect your recyclables and bring them to AQWA
We want there to be more fish in the ocean than plastic! To reduce plastic pollution and give waste plastic a new life, AQWA has teamed up with GreenBatch. As part of this positive step for change we are asking you to start collecting your recyclables – your glass, plastics and tetra packs, and bring them with you to AQWA. Instead of ending up in the ocean your plastic will support the ocean as funds from any eligible containers for change are given directly to the AQWA foundation.
Established nearly two decades ago the AQWA foundation cares for sick and injured turtle’s at the turtle pool.
Turtles are a keystone species for the ocean. This means that their survival is vital to the health of the ocean. Turtles encourage the growth of sea grass beds and ensure that there is room for all types of coral on a reef. This is why it is so important that sick and injured turtles , are cared for and then returned back to the wild so that they can continue their important role and so that we can learn more about them along the way. And you can help us do it!
Start collecting your recyclables today – and we’ll see you soon at AQWA!