Excursion Package - Visit & Meet an Author Program (full day)
- Varaktighet: 5 Timmar (cirka)
- Plats: Hillarys, WA
- Produktkod: P11YSJ
A full day of discovery at AQWA! Learn from a REAL author what it's like to create a book, meet our curious creatures & discover what makes them such interesting characters, and let your mind go wild as you create your own sea creature!
This unique full-day experience is a literary adventure that your students will love!
- Learn all about creating and illustrating books from amazing local author Kylie Howarth;
- Explore AQWA to meet our very curious sea creatures,
- Follow our trail to discover what makes them such interesting characters;
- Let your imagination go wild as you create your own wind-up creature character in a fun craft session.
- Enjoy our chill out area where you can colour and create your own book
- This special package is available "on demand" - Please select your preferred date, we will then confirm availability before sending a confirmation email. If your preferred date is not possible our Education Manager will contact you to arrange a suitable alternative.
- The excursion package is suitable for Pre-Primary - Year 2 students.
- Students need to bring a clipboard and pencil.
Excursion package includes:
- Full day experience from 9.30am - 2pm
- Exclusive use of AQWA's Function centre as your "hub" for the day
- Entry to all of AQWA's exhibits
- AQWA Ocean Guide / Education Manager with you all day to facilitate the excursion, run activities and answer questions from your class/es
- Free tea/coffee for teachers
- All activities described above.
- A free kids return pass to AQWA for each student
Bring 3 For the Sea:
“By 2050 there will be more plastic in the ocean than fish”
To prevent this prediction from coming true, AQWA has teamed up with Containers for Change and we are asking every visitor to bring 3 plastic bottles with them to AQWA. Instead of ending up in the ocean, your plastic will help protect endangered marine turtles with funds from eligible containers given directly to The AQWA Foundation.
Established nearly two decades ago, The AQWA Foundation is not-for-profit and funds the rescue, rehabilitation and release of sick and injured turtles at AQWA's Turtle Pool. We are a registered charity with ACNC, hold DGR status and have a registered scheme ID with Containers for Change (C10321117).
*rescue turtles are often in our care, though this is not guaranteed. No turtles at the moment? That's great! It means no sick or injured turtles are requiring our help. We still have a resident loggerhead turtle to meet in the Shipwreck Coast tunnel and tonnes of turtle facts to discover.er.