Homeschool Group Day - Shark Biologist (+1 hour Activity)
De la AUD 27,00 A$
- Durata: 3 Ore (aprox.)
- Locatie: Hillarys, WA
- Cod produs: PRVQYK
Students can sink their teeth into some juicy elasmobranch science before climbing aboard our Glass Bottom Boat for an up-close observation of our sharks!
What to Expect:Our Education Guide will deliver a juicy 20 minute shark presentation to the group covering topics such as; classification & identification, unique features & extreme abilities (adaptations), diversity and ancestry of key shark species. On the Glass Bottom Boat, students will discover how divers feed our sharks; observe and feel real shark teeth and have the chance to feed fish from the surface of the largest single aquarium in Australia! Between boat sessions, students and their educators can take the time to explore AQWA's exhibit areas.
Availability:This homeschooler group day will run on Wednesday 2 November and has been tailored to suit students in Years 6-10. Bookings essential.
- Entry to all of AQWA's exhibits for 1 student and 1 free educator
- Opportunity to see behind the scenes of a major aquarium!
- Themed Shark Biologist presentation by AQWA Education Guide (approx. 20 mins), once per excursion.
- Glass Bottom Boat ride (approx. 20 mins)
Need To Know:
- You can arrive at AQWA from 9am.
- Please be ready to meet your Education Guide at least 10 minutes prior to your 9.30am start time.
- Guided portion of excursion package has a duration of approx. 50 mins - 1hour. Remaining time is self-guided.
- There is a maximum of 27 seats on the Glass Bottom Boat for this Group Day. There is a max of 9 students per boat, up to 3 boats per day. Boat sessions will be randomly allocated to each students.
- Only available for registered home school educators and their student/s. Please bring a copy of your government issued Home School Certification.
- Not valid for Daycare, Home daycare or any other child-minding providers who receive fees for their services.
Before Your Excursion:
- Get students excited for their excursion by involving them in our Bring 3 For the Sea initiative!
- “By 2050 there will be more plastic in the ocean than fish”. To help prevent this looming prediction from coming true, AQWA has teamed up with Containers for Change and we are asking every student and visitor to bring three 10c marked containers with them to donate to the AQWA Foundation.
- This small challenge will support AQWA Foundation's turtle rehabilitation program AND reduce rubbish in the ocean and in landfill.
- Simply bring 3 eligible containers to donate during your visit; we have a Containers For Change donation bin at the front entrance to AQWA.